Samstag, 30. April 2011

Evas Wortmeldung vom 30.4.2011: "Mercy For The Monkey Man"







 ... I’m gonna set a trap, I’m gonna bag a monkey man,
gonna get myself some monkey tail stew
I’m gonnna get a cedar box from that old general store,
Cut a hole in it the size of a peach.
I’m gonna fill that cedar box with licorice and sugar cane,
Gonna tie that Cedar box to a tree.
That’s all it takes, and I say…

Lord have mercy on the Money Man
For the Monkey Man is such a fool
Monkey love his candy and monkey love his cane.
Gonna get myself some monkey tail stew

You see the monkey ambles up to that sweet cedar box
And before he can know what it’s about,
He can squeeze a hand into that tight little hole
But he can’t pull the sweet candy out.

And so the monkey sits all day and all night
With his hand on the candy in the hole
Monkey can’t eat, and the Monkey can’t sleep,
But the Monkey just can’t let go.

I am that I am, and I fear the Monkey Man.
I fear that I am bound to be like he.
And I do declare that this dogged desire
Oh, Lord, will surely be the death of me!

(Liedtext von Big Rude Jake "Mercy for the Monkey Man")

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen